Open Question: Toshiba Satellite - "RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller" not detected after resuming Windows from Sleep.?

12:56 PM Posted by Nadim

I have AT&T/SBC Internet, a SpeedStream DSL Modem, Toshiba Satellite Laptop, "RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller", Widnows 7 x64 Home Premium.

I have it "Docked" with a Monitor and Keyboard & keep the laptop itself in a "Drawer" with a cooling fan so pulling it out to turn it on by the Power Button is annoying so at night, I put her to "Sleep" but when I resume it from Sleep, the "RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller" Isn't detected... At all... Though sometimes if I turn it on and leave it for a good half an hour, EVENTUALLY the computer will detect the card and Internet will be restored.

It doesn't show up in Network Connections.
It doesn't show up in Device Manager.

According to the computer, it's as if I removed it.

I used to be able to just restart the computer and it would show up but lately I've had to shut it down, unplug the modem, then turn it all back on fresh to get it to detect and it's getting really annoying.


View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment