Open Question: Need your help in Chosing computer for Maya 2011 and Vue 9.5 Extreme Animation?

8:35 PM Posted by Nadim

Hello Professionals !

I am planning to purchase a new hardware for the Maya 2011 and Vue 9.5 Extreme Animation. Following is the config:-
Gigabyte GA890FXA-UD7 Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Nvidia Quadro FX 600 1GB DDR3 Graphics Card.
4GB DDR3 RAM Transcend.
1TB Hard Disk (Exclusively for Animation and nothing else)
18.5" TFT Monitor.

I am gonna load windows 7 on it for Maya 2011 and Vue 9.5 Extreme.

Now I have following questions:-
1. I am a beginner, but I want to use it for professional use in future for making movies, high profile advertisements etc, I have a budget constraint also but budget is not a limitation also. I will pay if it is really deserving my scenario and configuration. My vendor has quoted 39000 INR for the above configuration, Is it fair ? I understand that GPU is also important with CPU. So if I do not purchase Nvidia Quadro card, will it render at faster speed, or what difference does Nvidia Quadro card makes actually if it is there ? Secondly, I do not want to compromise on quality and speed of the system, so Is there any other cheap but equally efficient mother board, CPU which can perform the same task with same speed and efficiency but economically ? Or Shall I go for this above configuration ? I want to make Movies on the same system in the future, design high profile advertisements. Please suggest me whether I am going on a right track with right budget ?

I have heard that Asus Motherboards are good for graphics rendering. So does any Asus Motherboard surpass above Gigabyte , also please let me know


View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment