Open Question: Three Displays with SLI?

11:32 PM Posted by Anonymous

Who would have thought this would be so difficult?

I play EVE Online. I have 3 accounts plus use many of my friends accounts simultaneously from time to time. I have a serious gaming rig that can support many applications at once. That, however is not the problem. I run no less than 3 accounts most times and want each of the 3 on its own monitor. Should be simple, huh?

So here is the question. I want to SLI my GTX 460 in order to get 3 monitors running. Will this give me what I want? Some say yes, some say no. I need a definite answer before spending money. If SLI will not work, what will? I want three monitors and the desktop spread among them. I have a NVIDIA chip set and will not change it to ATI at the moment so it needs to be a solution that works with my current gear.

Any help on this is appreciated. I cannot wait to have all three monitors running so I can quit minimizing.


View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment