Open Question: Western Digital My Passport 320GB micro usb failure. Need options.?

7:28 AM Posted by Anonymous

Western Digital My Passport 320GB

The thing that broke is the micro usb female slot. It doesn't seem broken to the naked eye but im sure it is broken iv cleaned it with alcohol and compressed air. I can get it to turn on when bending it around but thats no use because the male connect teeth don't lock in properly. It's bent out of shape, can't clean it because it's too small and metal is too tinty.

Too tinky to fix i guess. I hate micro usb now, why can't they just keep things sturdy and simple?

Now i guess i have to buy another adapter for the 12 pin thing and dremel a new hole in the case for it to fit?

I'f amazon.com has it al take it.

Can i use this drive in my laptop?


View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment