Open Question: How do I add a SATA drive to a pc with a IDE drive?

8:20 AM Posted by Anonymous

Home >All Categories > Computers & Internet >Hardware >Add-ons >Open Question411 Sponge 411 Sponge Member since:March 22, 2007Total points:445 (Level 2)I have a Dell Dimension 8400 w/ XP home OS, It has a IDE hardrive installed and I want to keep it and add a SATA drive... I have everything hooked up but need help with configuration... Can the 2 hard drives be used to work together or do they have to work separately? As of right now in setup my pc in setup mode recognizes the new SATA I just added but when I boot on to my IDE there is no sign of the SATA... can this be fixed?Answer Question

Be the first to answer this question.


View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment