Open Question: Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop Frozen With No Icons?

10:07 PM Posted by Anonymous

Home >All Categories > Computers & Internet >Hardware >Desktops >Open Questionvalerie m valerie m Member since:June 14, 2008Total points:1 (Level 1)We have a optiplex 755 desktop PC at work and I just recently reinstalled the os which is xp. I have added the pc to our domain at work as well and everything seemed fine the first day, but the next day I noticed I could not remotely log into the PC and I could ping it but I could not remote in. I went to look at the pc and noticed that it was on but there was just the desktop backgound screen, I could move the cursor around but nothing else. When I say blank desktop, I mean it only shows the desktop and thats it, not any icons and the start button. I tried to do Ctrl+Alt+Del but that did nothing. I eventually just had to turn the PC off by the power button after it shut off about a second later it showed numbers 3 and 4 lite up on the tower and just shutdown. Once I turned it back on then everything came up fine, but I did notice once I typed in my windows login it took several seconds before it logged on, once logged on then everything was fine. I checked on it through out the day and about 5 hours later I noticed there was a blank desktop screen again and I had to turn it off by the power button I made sure that my network cable was plugged in and patched right. You would think if it were an network problem that I would not be able to ping it at all. When the blank blue screen appears it is still on the network because I can ping it. Also I have reinstalled the XP OS a couple of times and still no luck. The thing that is crazy is that a couple of weeks ago I had the dell tech come out and replace the motherboard and hard drive so I should not be having problems with this PC. Can anybody offer me any advice?Answer Question

Be the first to answer this question.


View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment